Tuesday 28 January 2014

Evaluation Q7- Looking back at your Preliminary Task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

Looking back at your Preliminary Task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?


The first thing I will look at is how I have progressed in my Photography skills through creating my school magazine to my music magazine.



Learning Photography Skills:
The very first thing I learnt about photography, which helped me develop later in my magazine production, was the Camera Angles, Shots, Sizes and Positioning. These aspects of photography all have influences on the target audience, and all have a purpose.

For example, we first looked at the Close-Up shot. This gives the audience a closer view, and a real insight on the objects facial expressions and emotion. Another thing we looked at was the Eye Level Shot, which I have used in my final product, as it was conventional for the genre I have chosen.


The grids above show the different shot sizes, and angles. These are the guides we used as a class when experimenting with photography ourselves. We used the iPad's to do this, and I learnt a lot, from how to frame the object I want, to how to angle the camera to create the different types of shots.
I found this really helped me develop my photography skills, and prepared me for the creation of my final product.
I can notice a development in my photography, from my school magazine creation, to the final product of my music magazine.

No comments:

Post a Comment