Saturday 25 January 2014

Q7 Continued- [Conventions]



Another thing I have developed on over this period of time is my knowledge of Conventions, and features of a magazine.




When I began planning my preliminary task of my school magazine, I knew very little about conventions and how they should be properly used to attract the target audience. However, through research and analysis of different magazines, I learnt more about how magazines use conventions to lure their audience in, in certain ways I didn't know about originally.

I developed through research, and began my music magazine, applying the conventions I had learnt, and I think I had better approach on conventions than I did on my preliminary task.
For my music magazine, I chose the genre of 'pop' music, which suited me as I know quite a bit about this genre, favouring it as my own personal choice of music to listen to.

Therefore, I knew what sorts of things would attract the audience, which is a big part of the magazine's aim. As well as my own knowledge, I did some research to gain further knowledge on these conventional features of a pop magazine.

These are a few of the Conventions I used throughout the development to my full product:

LURES



ANCHORAGE TEXT



COLOUR PALETTE

From my school magazine to my music magazine, I have created a more developed knowledge on conventional themes, such as colour scheme, and I have used the colour scheme in my final product to my advantage, as it clearly represents the target audience- teenage girls.
This is something I was not as aware of when creating my preliminary task, therefore the colour scheme is less attractive to it's target audience, although it does follow the colour scheme throughout.









No comments:

Post a Comment