Tuesday 28 January 2014

Q7 Continued- [Layout]


One final thing that I think I have improved on from creating my preliminary task to my full product is the Layout. I think I have learnt how a magazine conventionally lays all their features out on the cover, the inside pages and the contents page too. This has helped me in making my final product.


Comparing my School Magazine to my Music Magazine:
  • I did not include many features to the cover, therefore it looked bare and slightly boring, in comparison to my music magazine, which has a variety of colour, fun features and many more diverse and original aspects that would grab the audience's attention (conventional of a pop magazine).
  • Better use of conventions in the final product, for example using a Byline- typical of a pop magazine, with all the different features written along the bottom of the cover.
  • Text and font to suit the audience and genre (Pop- fun, girly, 'typical pop' text). However I was unaware of how to approach my school magazine as the genre wasn't as clear and simple.
  • Colour palette is much more vibrant and attractive on my pop magazine, contrasting to the dull, less attractive colours on my school magazine. (The difference was that my school magazine was aimed at both genders so was more difficult to produce conventionally yet attractively).

No comments:

Post a Comment