Tuesday 28 January 2014

Q7 Continued- [Photography]

SCHOOL MAGAZINE PHOTOGRAPHY
MUSIC MAGAZINE PHOTOGRAPHY
Comparing these two photographs, you can see a difference in colour, brightness and overall quality.
These are a few of the things that I think affected my photography during the making of my school magazine:
  1. Lighting - As I chose to take my photos during the late afternoon, and indoors, there was very little daylight so I did needed to use the flash. When I realized the flash was creating shadows I resorted back to   no-flash, which made my photos darker, and the colour was not as clear as I'd had hoped. 
  2. Background - Firstly, I did not know which background would be the best for my photographs, therefore was not prepared for my photography session. I ended up using a white blind against a window. This was okay, but as I could not use flash, the photos came out darker than expected and because of this, the white background looks grey on the photos. 
  3. Time of Day- As I mentioned, because my photos were taken in the late afternoon, there was little daylight. This affected my photos and is something I had to change when producing my end product

Looking at the things that affected my photography, I made sure I improved on these aspects, and ensured I was more prepared for the photography of my end product.
Firstly, I improved the lighting by using flash and reducing the amount of shadows using a mirror to reflect the light. I did keep the background the same, as it was a good colour for my photographs, however the time of day changed and I took my photographs around midday, to ensure there was more daylight.




Camera Shots:

For my school magazine, I had to use a Medium Close-Up, and in this shot, the model is not looking at the camera, but it was still a 'posed' shot, as the model is doing a typical ballerina pose. This is something I thought didn't need direct eye contact with the audience, as it was not fitting for the theme of the magazine, but also because the photo spoke for itself and captured the audience's attention without eye contact.

However, with my end product of my music magazine, I thought differently. As I chose the genre of 'pop', I had noticed after doing a lot of research that it was very conventional for the model on the cover to have direct eye contact with the audience, by looking at the camera.
I like the way my main image turned out, and I think with the facial expression and the 'posed' shot, the image fits the genre as well as attracting the target audience.




No comments:

Post a Comment