Sunday 10 November 2013

Colour Palette

The genre and main theme of my music magazine is 'Pop', therefore I need to ensure my colour palette fits this theme.

As my target audience is teenage girls, my colour palette will include pink and purple, with a splash colour of something more vibrant, like yellow or orange.

This shows the colours I am considering for my colour palette. I still need to chose one or two main colours, as well as a different colour as my splash colour.



In most of the Pop magazines I have looked at, the main colours are pink and purple:
This magazine uses pink as its main colour and yellow as a splash colour.

However, this issue, of the same magazine swaps the colours by using yellow as the main colour and pink as the splash. I think this works really well to make every issue of the magazine different.



No comments:

Post a Comment