Tuesday 19 November 2013

Photography Plans

I have been thinking about my magazine front cover, and have come up with a few ideas on my photography for my lead cover story.

I want something that suits the genre of the magazine as well as targeting my audience of teenage girls.

As I want the cover story to be the stand-out piece of the magazine, I will ensure my photography makes this obvious. By using a close-up shot, I can give the story a sense of importance to the magazine.

This is an example of a close-up shot used on an issue of a pop magazine.







  • In this image, although it is not a close-up shot, I like the idea of the hairstyle and the clothing/costume making the image appeal to the audience. 
  • With the model making eye-contact with the audience, it gives the reader a sense of involvement in the story, almost like the model is talking directly to them.
  • The bold colours on the dress of the model, as well as the necklace she is wearing, completely match the colour palette. This is another trick the magazine uses to lure the reader in.



No comments:

Post a Comment