Friday 22 November 2013

Practice Photography

To get an idea on the kind of photos I want to use on my magazine cover, I took some on my phone during school. I used a simple white background from the projector whiteboard. This worked well and created minimal shadows.This brought me to the conclusion that I definitely want to use a white background when I come to take my real photographs.

This is some of the practice photography I have taken for my magazine:

1



2                                                     3


I tried to use a variety of camera angles and shots to give me a set of photos that I could consider.
The photograph I think works best with my cover story is number 1, because the pose would look on the cover, or inside the double page spread.
However, I would adjust the pose slightly, and maybe make it more dramatic and fitting with the story.
Also, the lighting and placement of the background need to be changed, because as the image shows, the shadow is visible below the chest, as well as the black line from the board I used.


No comments:

Post a Comment