Sunday 2 February 2014

Evaluation Q6- What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?


The first thing, which was a major part of the construction of my product was the Camera and Photography.




The very first thing I learnt about photography using a camera was about the framing, and positioning of the camera, to ensure you capture what you want.


We used iPads to practice photography, firstly to test out the different shot sizes and angles to prepare me for the photography I will need for my product. These images helped me picture the size and angle of the photo so that when I came to take the picture, I knew what I was doing:



I found that I learnt a lot about this part of the technology and I picked up the skill of photography quite quickly, and this task prepared me for photography when it came to the real product. 
These are just a few of the photos I took with the iPad, to practice my skills:





We then went onto using the iPad for further photos, however this time using the grid, to show us how the object (usually the person's face) must be parallel to the lines of the grid. This is a skill I certainly had never used before, and had never heard of 'The Rule of Thirds' that many people use in photography, in order for the composition of photos to be at their best.

In this photo I took for my music magazine, you can see that the lines on the grid cross over at the focus point of the photo (the face). This is the Rule of Thirds, and played an important part of my photography.


This is one of the photo I took for my school magazine. You can see that I used the grid idea on both, but it worked better for the final product as I had developed my photography skills.



Video clip explaining the 'Rule of Thirds' in more detail- 








No comments:

Post a Comment