Monday 24 February 2014

Q2- [Other Conventions]

Another convention I used to represent my social group as well as luring the audience in to buying my magazine is:



A freebie- to attract my social group of pop- loving teenage girls, as I know makeup is something 11-16 year old girls would love to find in a magazine, as at this age, makeup, fashion and other materialistic things interest them.

I can relate to my audience and social group therefore know that freebies in magazine excite the audience, and make it much more appealing, therefore essentially a more popular magazine to the audience.
I also know, by enjoying pop music that this is something a lot of pop magazines include.

This is an example from an already existing magazine, 'We Love Pop'. By putting a freebie near the masthead of the magazine, in full display on the cover, the audience will see it clearly and it will lure them in to buying the magazine.
The aspect of a freebie is to attract that particular group of people (pop lovers), so again, this '20% discount for Claire's' will entice the young girls to buy the magazine, as they would enjoy spending this voucher to buy some new jewellery or makeup- something which every teenage girl enjoys!




Another convention is:


This is another aspect of my magazine (contents page) that creates a sense of recognition of my social group, representing the interests and likings of this particular group of people.
The contents of the magazine is extremely important, including everything a pop lover would enjoy reading, as the magazine is essentially made to fit their needs. As a pop magazine, I ensured there was a lot of Gossip stories, as well as Fashion and other interesting sub-topics that would make the magazine more abstract than just having pop music within every page of the magazine. This way, I fill the needs of every person within my audience.


This is from a We Love Pop contents page, there is a similar layout, with the box containing all the pages in the magazine. I developed mine further by adding subtitles such as 'Gossip' 'Music' and 'Win' which made the page look more interesting and certainly made the information clearer to pick out.


No comments:

Post a Comment