Monday 24 February 2014

Q2- [Main image and Colour]

I tried to create a pop magazine that would give the pop lovers what they wanted, and focusing on their interests, and making the magazine stand out to them, as the audience.

Using my main image to represent the social group:





This 'We Love Pop' magazine uses a well known pop artist (Rihanna) to fit in with the interests of the reader.
As pop-loving young girls, they want to buy a magazine that they think looks attractive, and contains the features, stories and artists they particularly favor or even look up to as role models.
In this case, Rihanna stands out to them as a female model, and as a successful artist in the pop genre, she instantly makes it clear that this magazine is aimed at pop-lovers.










Comparing this to my own magazine, I used a similar aspect, by presenting to the audience a female model, making the audience profile very prominent, as well as giving the female readers something they can relate to. Also, I made it clear within my inside article that 'Ally Child', the artist on the cover is a successful pop star, just like Rihanna is in the real world. This makes it seem like a more realistic pop magazine, and I can imagine this would lure the young audience in to read, as they like the artist and their music.

Using my colour palette to represent the social group:











A lot of the pop magazines today have a colour palette including a lot of girly colours such as pink, purple, orange, yellow or red. Most commonly, pink and purple are used as main colours on the palette, with yellow or orange as a splash colour.
For my own magazine, I chose yellow as my splash colour as I felt it stood out against the dark pink and when used with the black text. For example the bright yellow used on the byline (the strip along the bottom of the cover) gives a pop of colour, making the eye focus on that point as they scan the page. This byline contains all the features that the magazine contains, like 'boys, gossip, pop, quiz' etc.




This magazine however, uses a dark blue colour as its background, which contrasts with the typical pop genre, as pop is mainly aimed at girls rather than boys. However this particular magazine could be aiming itself at boys aswell, marketing it to a wider audience- both genders.







No comments:

Post a Comment