Wednesday 5 February 2014

Q3- My Chosen Institution

Now that I have done some in depth research on these three institutions (IPC, BAUER and EMAP), as well as an alternative institution (EGMONT), I can come to make a decision on which would be the best to take and publish my music magazine.

As my magazine is a pop magazine, I need an institute with experience of this genre of magazine, however the three leading publishers do not carry any pop magazines. The only one I researched that did was Egmont- which carries We Love Pop magazine, aimed at 13-16 year old girls.

However, I think Bauer would be the best option for my media product, even without experience of a 'pop' magazine, as it has the best reputation, and can handle marketing and branding very well. Therefore with my music magazine, Bauer can use skills from other genres of magazine such as 'Q' and 'Kerrang' which they carry, to build a good profile for my own magazine.


No comments:

Post a Comment