Wednesday 23 October 2013

Analysis of a 'Pop' Magazine

As I have chosen to base my music magazine on the 'Pop' genre, I will have to ensure I use the correct conventions to attract my target audience.

I took a picture from the internet, of a well known pop magazine, and analysed the use of conventions, colour pallet and other aspects that would have influenced the target audience's views on the magazine.





Here I looked at the representation of the magazine by analysing the key conventions.

Representation- How something is put across to the audience
                          - The message being conveyed
                          - What our ideologies are about what we see, as the reader
                          - What the audience gains from it


It shapes the target audience: - It makes them feel involved, as they can identify with it.
                                               - The particular genre has to represent the audience.
                                               - It creates it's own world just for that target audience to be apart of.












No comments:

Post a Comment