Tuesday 8 October 2013

The Start of Media

 





The Start of Media…






 

Media is completely new to me. I haven’t studied anything like it before so when I had my very first lesson I was excited to start learning new things in a completely new subject.


In my very first media lesson, everyone in the class was given a piece of paper with a key word written on it. My word was ‘Intertextuality’. Personally I wasn’t entirely sure of what this word meant, but when it was revealed to me I understood it more. Now I know that Intertextuality is when a media text refers to another text. We continued to learn many different words, which we had to revise further at home.


I found this lesson useful, as it widened my media vocabulary and will definitely help me in my exam, and in my coursework too.


Some of the key words I learnt in this lesson:



                            INTERTEXTUALITY
                                                                    DENOTATION
      CONNOTATION
                                          ICONOGRAPHY
            
       SIGNIFIER                              BINARY OPPOSITION
                                      USP                                  
                                                       

 
   
 

No comments:

Post a Comment