Tuesday 8 October 2013

Peer Assessment

Once we had completed our own mock-up’s and compared them to a few others, we started a fresh, and this one would be our final magazine. I followed the main theme of my mock-up, but altered a few things slightly such as the colour pallet. I wanted to make sure it was a unisex magazine, and not too feminine.

 At the end of this lesson we were paired up and reviewed another person’s magazine cover, although they were still incomplete. My partner made comments on my magazine cover and answered a few questions:

 

1: Who is the target audience? – School children aged 15-18. Mainly aimed at girls.

(This was incorrect as I was aiming it at both genders; therefore this led me to change the colour pallet so that it was clearer who the target audience was.)

 

2: What conventions have been used? –The masthead, skyline, lures, anchorage text.

(These were the features I had included so far, however there were still a few more to be added.)

 

3: Does the masthead represent the audience? –The masthead is a plain colour so it doesn’t represent the target audience, girls.

(Again, my target audience has been misunderstood here, and is actually for both genders, so the colour of my masthead was appropriate.)

 

4: Assess the colour pallet –The main colour on this magazine is white however there is a splash colour of a purple colour.

(I will make changes to this now, as I have had feedback and can see that my colour pallet needs to be changed to fit both genders. I will change purple to a blue/purple shade, so that it isn’t so feminine.)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment