Monday 9 December 2013

Features of My Double Page Spread

This is my double page spread as it stands now...

Some of the features I have included to make the page look conventional and also fit the colour palette and house style of the magazine are: 

Using a quotation breaks up the text, but is also very conventional for a magazine article as it looks more interesting than having a block of text. Also, it makes the reader feel apart of the interview, and catches their attention on the most important sections of the interview.


This shows the way the colours chosen for the names of the people within the interview match the colour palette of the magazine. For the 'Popaholic' interviewer (Rosie), I chose pink, as it matches the magazines house colour. And for the interviewee (Ally Child) I chose blue, as this colour matches the dress my model wore on the photography, as you can see in this picture.

I followed the conventions of a magazine article to make mine look like a real magazine. To do this I made the first letter much larger than the others, as well as creating a conventional Standfirst- the very first paragraph of an article, usually in bold.



No comments:

Post a Comment