Wednesday 4 December 2013

Features of Successful Article Writing

I have been thinking about my article and what i am going to write about, to ensure that it is fitting to my story, my magazine and of course attracts the target audience.

'WE LOVE POP' DOUBLE PAGE ARTICLE (INTERVIEW)


ANALYSIS OF ARTICLE:

One of the main aspects is the HEADLINE. This is something that will give the reader they're very first opinion and influence the way they want to interpret the story. This needs to be large font, a noticeable colour and placement on the page is crucial to capture the attention of the reader.

This headline is a quotation, which is conventional to a magazine, as it is used a lot.


Some magazines may even include an EXCLUSIVE, which will excite the reader even further as they feel they are gaining information never before heard or seen.
In my case, I will be writing an exclusive interview to fit my chosen story, which is the same story as seen on my front cover. Therefore I will make sure the reader is aware that the interview is exclusive, to create this effect.


Something else which also makes an impact on the reader's attention is the STANDFIRST- the first paragraph, usually in bold and in a larger font.

The next paragraph would usually be more detailed, further revealing pieces of information.



SENSATIONAL LANGUAGE is often used to exaggerate a point to excite the reader further in the article. This may be just a short sentence, or a few throughout the entire article.
In my case this is more difficult to do as I am doing an interview, however I will need to ensure that my interview provides a few sensational features to give the audience that excitement. 


Using a photograph in between the text, and in line with the columns, the writing is broken up which makes the image not only stand out but the whole page looks more attractive and interesting to the reader.

COLUMNS also make the text look neat and clear, and is a conventional for a magazine article.



Another concept to remember when writing interviews especially, is COLOUR CODING for the people within the interview.
In this magazine interview, the interviewer is coded in blue, and the interviewee (Rihanna) is coded in black, with key parts of the answer highlighted in pink.










No comments:

Post a Comment