Saturday 7 December 2013

Photography- Improvements?

When looking back at the issues I had with my school magazine, I considered the things I told myself I would do better with my photography, and whether I followed these suggestions.

The one thing I did change, and I did make sure I resolved was the issue of lighting. This was because last time I took my photos late in the afternoon which meant it became dark quite quickly therefore I had to use the flash, which unfortunately created many shadows.
This time, I ensured the model stood well away from the backdrop, as well as resolving the main problem of darkness by taking my photos at about midday. I think the photos did come out better so I am glad I made this change.

However, one problem that arose when taking the photos for this magazine was just an issue of misjudgement. When taking my photos I did stick to my plan of using a close up shot, but I didn't take into consideration the placement on the page, so when I did place the photo on the front cover it was very hard to fit the whole page without being too close up and too large.
This was a hard task to do, but eventually I did manage to find a way around the problem. Although, I still would have preferred a more zoomed out photo, to give me more room to layer my text over it when applied to the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment