Thursday 12 December 2013

Mistakes and Changes 2

2. Another thing I wanted to change about my magazine is the lack of variety in my photography. It seemed all my photos were of my friend Ellie, posing as the cover star aswell as featuring on the double page spread and the contents page. Therefore, I took a few photographs to create something new and interesting that I could incorporate into one of my pages. This is the idea I came up with...


I took some photos of some of my products, still using my Nikon camera. I used a plain background, which was the wall of my bedroom. This worked well as a simple coloured surface for the photos.
This image shows how I cropped and moved the photos around to decide how I wanted them to be layed out on the page.


So, I decided I thought the line of photographs worked best, and fitted best in this small gap I had created on my front cover.
I also created a space for this new side heading and image to go, and I used a heading of 'Top 5 Products For Winter' which relates to the image, and gives the reader a sense of what this story/page will be about.


And this is what the changes to my cover look like together, along with the parts of the cover that were already existing...

No comments:

Post a Comment