Monday 2 December 2013

Front Cover Feedback

To get some feedback on my front cover, I asked a few of my classmates, who helped me makes some final decisions of the colour palette, choice of layout, and smaller aspects of my cover.

This is the before and after images of my front cover:

BEFORE



AFTER



  1. One of the pieces of feedback I got was about my colour palette. I was advised to remove the black and yellow box, and make those colours suit the genre and house colours more. I was also told that I have too many colours and should perhaps stick with one or two.
  2. Another person said they thought the circle text box with ‘Only £1’ overlapping the masthead took away the sense of importance and took away the bold look of the masthead. Once I had removed this I could see a big difference in the way that the masthead was much more prominent.
  3. Another aspect of my feedback was the font colour of the anchorage text. It was said that by using black, the writing fades away into the background (the main image). This therefore takes away the dominance of the anchorage text which should be one of the most important conventions on a cover story. I changed this anchorage text to white as it shows on the image above, and there is much better now.
  4. I also took away the pop quiz at the bottom of the page to make more room for increasing the size of the anchorage text and the box it is layered over.






No comments:

Post a Comment