Saturday 7 December 2013

Prop and Costume Choices

For the design of my front cover, I ensured my photographs would be fitting with the colour palette and themes surrounding the page.
For this, because of the house colours of pink and splash colour of yellow, I didn't want my model to wear something too colourful or vibrant, as magazines that use too much colour tend to look tacky.

Therefore I chose for my model to wear an animal print jumper dress, which suited the lead cover story which would also be the story on the double page spread.












There were no props included in my photography, as I felt it was not necessary.

The lighting and background we used was a simple white blind that was pulled down to give a simple backing colour that would work well on all my pages.
There was lighting from above, as the room was lit and it was still daylight. Also, the flash from the camera created a nice finish to the face and produced hardly any noticeable shadows.



No comments:

Post a Comment